Raking it in
14 GoodGymers made their way 3.3km to help the Adur Worthing Council in Worthing.
- Monday, 22nd of November 2021
- Led by JULIA GLEESON
*F A B- U - L O U S turnout - Thank you ! *
What a wonderful turn out it was tonight. Honestly it was brilliant!
We had received an SOS call for help from Gwenn in the parks department to help with some raking and fine, tooth comb weeding of an area in the park which has been lined up for some 'Prarie planting' ( perennial ornamental late flowering grasses)
On a very chilly but, thankfully, still evening I feel i need to give a big shout out to each and everyone of ALL the team tonight.
Round of applause
- Rosalind So good to see you every week now that you are off shifts :)
- Duncan Thanks so much for making the effort to get to every task you can and for bringing GG to Worthing!
- Belinda Thank you for coming out in the cold with your knees especially with all the kneeling!
- Sue Thanks for pulling yourself out of your lovely warm flat!
- Anne Always bringing the smile and the hard work. Thank you for always just doing it!
- Paul It must be cold if Paul has his leggings on!
- Barbara Well done for finding your way from Brooklands to us !
- Paula Yee haaa lovely lady :) Always great to have your energy.
- John Thank you for all the great photos and for the endless humour you bring to the group!
- Natacha Yes Natacha - great to see you at a task again and not just for the burger :)
- Sue Lovely to see you again and get well soon from your covid.
- Stacey Fabulous to finally meet you! Let me know if you would like to join the whats app group chat :)
Stephen Great to see you at a task again.
Hudson Gleeson - Great to see you at your debut appearance at Good Gym - woof woof. Less jumping next time please!!
Wrapping it up
Under the watchful eyes of Gwenn and Erin from the town hall we got down to the business of precision weeding and trying to stop any pesky weeds growing again! This involved raking and sifting and bagging the debris.
When it got cold we went off round the park for laps of either running or walking until the cold got a bit too much and 1 hour later we called it a day.
After loading the rakes into the car having a final photo and giving promises to return we all headed off in different directions ( no burgers tonight! )
Report written by JULIA GLEESON
Discuss this report
Led by JULIA GLEESON
I love the concept of getting physically and mentally fit whilst combining it with helping others. I run most days.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the session report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt