Making ourselves at home
14 runners ran 4.0km to help the Naomi House in Portsmouth.
- Wednesday, 4th of March 2020
- Led by Katie Carew-Robinson
Tonight's numbers were slightly reduced for a number of reasons: poorly foot, disaster at work, traffic nightmare and disgusting weather. Hopefully all of these will be resolved by next week! If you're reading this because one of the above happened to you and you need your goodgym fix, we have LOTS of community missions coming up over the next 3 days so check out the listings here and sign yourself up!
There was lots of good news to report this week:
- Kat ran a muddy & wet 15km race on Saturday and survived to tell the tale - this time last year she couldn't run 2km so give her a cheer on her achievement!
- Tony & Jo survived the Big Half in London at the weekend (I think I enjoyed the cheering more than they enjoyed the running, it was great to spot all the GoodGym runners in the crowds!)
- Duncan & Lucy went off to Leas Parkrun on Saturday, Duncan completed his 100th parkrun and Lucy finished as 1st lady.
- Ellie signed herself up for the Great South Run in October.
Everyone managed to convene in the right place in Make, and have a good look at all the treasures in the shop and also in the cafe (did you see the size of that pasty?!). If you want to know a bit more about what Make do, read all about it on the Aldingbourne Trust website here or follow their Facebook page.
We headed up to Naomi House in the cold drizzle and realised that the extra few road crossing does make a difference to our time taken to get there! Once inside it was all upstairs for a big sort out. Lynn took on the role of 1980s stylist, finding some great retro style clothes. Rachel found some trousers that she and Ellie could have both worn and Lucy found leggings at the other end of the scale. There was a bit too much serious chat about pensions but this was balanced out by the usual discoveries of all sorts of weird and wonderful things in the donation bags. 45 minutes flew by and then it was time to head back to Make and then onwards to home.
We all wish Lucy a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for tomorrow. It's all new PBs again now you're in a new age group you know!
Report written by Katie Carew-Robinson
Discuss this report
Led by Katie Carew-Robinson
Area Activator for GoodGym Portsmouth. I love running, living near the seaside and getting out into the great outdoors! I also like cake!
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt