Like a Red Cape to a Bull
38 runners ran 4.8km to help the Friends of St Pauls in York.
- Monday, 8th of July 2019
- Led by Egg Cameron
There was SO MUCH GOOD to report on this group run.. I know you all love a round number so check these ones out:
- Pete ran 50 miles on Saturday, just because
- Huw was awarded GG Yorkie of the Month for June because he did his 100th good deed AND ran 100 miles (in one go) and probably made 100 cakes too
- Paul Kelly ran his 100th good deed and got to wear the awesome Centurion Cape as well as pretending to be superman
- Legendary Leanne ran her 400th good deed and is officially the goodest person in the whole of the North
We welcomed along no less than 5 new runners and we split into two groups to tackle two tasks. It turns out there was a lot of animal-related activity at both tasks.
Leanne and Tim led a group to St Paul's allotment for a final massive weeding session. Poorly Paul turned up on his crutches and was in charge of photography. The team saw some frogs and found a truly enormous moth which attached itself to Mitch and has been (probably) identified as a Lady Moth.
The ladies do love Mitch
My team ran over to Hob Moor to extract more thistles from the cow field. On our way we saw two lovely puppies and once on the field, had several near misses - and one hit - with dog poo. Our goal was to fill two bags but since Aidan pulled up a thistle so large that it basically filled a whole bag, we finished on four bags.
The pun could be "Three Bags Full!" ..except, four
Paul Kelly in his cape led the run back across the Moor where some rogue dogs had frightened the cows so we slowed down to let the cows pass in front and avoid any trampling.
Use your cape! Be a matador!
Both teams completed a EMOTM workout (but we had a friendly dog who stopped Jeff from doing his star jumps) with several repeats of one minute on the clock to complete a series of exercises.
Then there was loads of cake, and everyone was super happy.
Report written by Egg Cameron
Discuss this report
GoodGym Trainer for York. Passionate about running, cycling & fitness. Loves to LUNGE! Obsessed with parkrun, hills and puppies.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Clearance at Clarence
Monday 6:00pm - 7:45pm
Led by Egg Cameron
York CVS, Denham Room
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance