33 runners ran to help the Crisis at Christmas Warehouse in Tower Hamlets.
- Saturday, 28th of November 2020
- Led by Laura Williams
As per title and main picture... guess who's legs those are!
Besides sorting out some wall issues by those mystery legs, there were lots of jobs that were tackled by this marvelous team:
- cleaning huge fridges
- labeling & boxing up mice & keyboards
- marking out parking spaces
- setting up sanitation stations
- counting everything in hall 3
- more counting in hall 3 (loads to count!)
- labeling the halls
- fixing & decorating walls
- assisting electricians
- putting tables together
- tea/coffee break
- helping to put up (Christmas?) lights
- swapping broken printer
- finishing reception area flooring
- tidying up outside of reception area
Apologies if I left any off, there was so much going on, near impossible to track everything & everyone!
A few names to highight:
We had one person come down for the first time! Welcome to the Goodgym family Dami! Newhams Helen can be looking forward to her black t-shirt after completing her 50th task! That banana cake looked delicious and was well earned. And Natalie will be floating home carried by her newly acquired wings - 100 tasks for this Greenwich regular.
There are a couple of sessions up for next week, shifting from evenings to day time on Wednesday & Thursday. Like the Saturdays, these are logged as 10-4, but you can come later and/or finish earlier - very much flexible volunteering! So if you need an excuse to escape the house for a little while, why not pop round and help out for a while?
Report written by Peter Van Tongeren
Discuss this report
Lucky enough to be the Area Activator for Tower Hamlets. Personal trainer. Seriously sweet tooth.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Will be in charge of writing the run report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance