In floor a penny, in floor a pound...of brownies! (due to all the milestones we’ve hit!)
32 runners ran 5.0km to help the Forget-me-not Cafe and gardening club in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 21st of January 2020
- Led by Benjamin Annear
The world is hearing about what GoodGym Cardiff and The Vale is doing and they are inspired!
The temperature has dropped in Wales over the past week and we've been having temperatures sub zero. Fortunately that didn't stop 32 GoodGym Cardiff runners showing up to GoodGym this evening, though. Tonight at GoodGym we had one new runner, Gareth. Gareth heard about GoodGym a while ago and has been meaning to come for some time - It was so nice to have you join us this evening and we also look forward to meeting your colleague next week too!
- Congratulations to Darren and Nicola who are having a GoodGym Cardiff baby. Darren and Nicola met through GoodGym. Serendipity in its truest form.
- A HUGE well done to GoodGym Cardiff Trainer Ben Annear who has reached the 200 good deed milestone
- Well done to Marie for reaching 50 good deeds!
- Clap Clap Clap to Mike for reaching 50 good deeds!
- Hip hip hooray to Lewis who also reached 50 good deeds!
Don't forget; when you reach 50 good deeds you are able to claim your black goodgym milestone tee
Which group will you choose?
We had 3 separate groups tonight. Aimee led the walk run group, Ellen led the relaxed pace group and Ben led the speedy group. Aimee and Ellen took their respective groups along Newport road, up towards Albany road and then straight to St. Edward's Church, whilst Ben took the speedy group through Cathays, up Richmond Road, along Albany road and then up some hills in Roath before heading to the task.
Welcome to St. Edward's Church. The meeting place of Forget-Me-Not
Forget-Me-Not are a support group and Cafe for people feeling isolated and vulnerable with Dementia, Memory loss or Stroke, carers and relatives. Their support groups run every Tuesday 2pm until 4pm at St Edward's Church. They provide a friendly and welcoming environment. They encourage people to come in and have a chat and to make themselves at home.
In order to be able to help this wonderful organisation we had to complete the tasks they had set us. Here were the tasks we were set:
- Move all of the chairs from the church hall onto the raised area, sweep, mop and dry the floor and return all of the chairs back to their original positions
- Cut back the overgrown bushes in the church gardens, whilst paying close attention not to disturb the Terrence the hedgehog's home.
- Clean and sort mugs
- Clean the church windowsills
Many hands make light work as they say. It took only minutes for everyone to move the chairs. Once the chairs were moved a group of rapid goodgym runners assembled to clean and dry the floor. Once this was done all of the chairs were returned back in their original positions. It was so quick! You know that saying, "blink and you will miss it", well it was almost that quick!
Whilst all that was going on inside the church, outside there was a team cutting back the overgrown bushes. It was cold out but at the speed they were working they wouldn't have noticed.
"Thank you so much. We cannot believe you managed to do all this so quickly. It's remarkable."
Kathie and Alan were both amazed by how quickly we got everything done. They were so thankful and were smiling cheek to cheek. This made the task feel worthwhile.
2020 Tweet Off
Well done Megan! You are now on the leaderboard!
- MOH - 2
- MJ - 1
- Razzle Dazzle - 1
Come up with the title of the run report and be in with the chance of winning the RunPunStiltskin award. Well done to EW - You're in the lead!
- EW - 2
- BA - 1
Report written by Benjamin Annear
Discuss this report
Hello, i'm Ben! I'm the trainer of GoodGym Cardiff! Please get in touch with any questions and click support to follow updates.
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Helping the wonderful Samye Mindfulness and Wellbeing Foundation!
Tuesday 18:15 - 20:00
Led by Benjamin Annear
Big Moose Coffee Co
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance