35 runners ran 7.7km to help the Agnes Riley Gardens in Lambeth.
- Tuesday, 29th of October 2019
- Led by Nicky Woodall
35 excellent runners gathered at Papa's Park for our group run tonight.
Next, we heard about these exciting events coming up in Lambeth and our neighbouring areas:
- A community mission at Herne Hill Halloween party at 7pm on Thursday 31st October.
- A parkrun takeover at Burgess Park with GG Southwark at 8:30am on Saturday 2nd November.
- The monthly kebab chase meeting at 10am on Sunday 3rd November at BaBa Boom Battersea.
- A big GoodGym London social from 6:30pm on Friday 9th November.
Lots of lovely things to get involved with :)
It was also SPOTM week and this week's very well-deserved winner of a unique assortment of National Trust pens, Puregym freebies, a bookmark and possibly the world's smallest notebook was Shauna. Despite only joining GoodGym recently, Shauna is already on her 15th good deed and her 9th for October. Huge kudos and thank you!
And onto the main event aka tonight's task.
On arrival, we surprised Karen with the size of our group but quickly split into teams, digging up stones around the veg plot, moving planks of wood and clearing the area around the Bug Hotel. After half an hour, Karen seemed very happy with what we'd done and we headed back to base to enjoy some delicious cake expertly baked by Becca and Angela
Great work everyone, thank you so much and hopefully see you at next week's group run for more getting fit and doing good.
Report written by Nicky Woodall
Discuss this report
GoodGym Lambeth Run Leader
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance