Returning to school to brush up our skills ... A*'s all round
21 runners ran 8.0km to help the St Alban’s Primary School in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 20th of November 2018
- Led by Benjamin Annear
The GoodGym run was pretty epic tonight to say the least, and GoodGym runners came from afar (afar away as Bristol) to take part in tonight's run. We gave the warmest of Welsh welcomes to GoodGym Bristol runners David Guest and Richard Giddings... Okay, maybe not the warmest as we didn't give them a cwtch, but there is always next time. We've also been assured by them that they are going to be visiting more often next year when the bridge tolls on the Severn Bridge are lifted - Wooppeee
We were also blessed with two new runners joining the evening's run. A HUGE welcome to Anthony and Mike. Mike is Ellen's friend... DRUM ROLL PLEASE... This means Ellen earns herself 1 red lace # LifesGoals . Ellen did not stop smiling the whole run, proud of her red lace prize.
Even though it was mighty cold this evening... and by mighty cold I mean even snowmen would be shaking, we still had an amazing turnout of 20 runners.
The warm-up was brief so we could get running.
Before the run Darren pleaded with Ben to be able to lead the 'sexy' group of runners. Ben kindly said to Darren that this would be fine and so before the run Darren spent time doing his hair and spent time making himself look as sexy as possible. N.B. The sexy group of runners are the group of runners who want to run at a slightly slower pace, concentrating on their technique and form.
Ben led the speedy runners. Those runners who wanted to push themselves at a quicker pace.
The run to the task was approximately 2.0 miles.
Welcome to St Alban's Primary School!
Rachel greeted everyone at the school entrance with a smile. She told everyone about the school and explained the tasks that needed doing. Rachel had really gone all out in planning the task... paint, rollers and trays were laid out ready, clear instructions were projected onto a screen in the hall, and there was water waiting for us to keep us hydrated. Rachel was so lovely, even offering everyone teas and coffees.
- Darren and Aimee made light work of the playground, sweeping up the leaves and tidying up all of the equipment.
- Lucy, Emily and Lowri were painting in the school library.
- Anthony, Lydia and Su were painting in one of the classrooms - Faces of concentration... Grade A for you lot!
- Richard, Welsh Dave and Mike were painting in another classroom - Grade C guys... JOKE! Grade A for you too!
- Lucy, Owen, Ellen, Molly and Katy were all painting the wall in the entrance foyer grey... Greyt work folks!
- Emma, David and Adam were making light work of rearranging the school offices - Very impressive work.
Thank you so much for all of your help GoodGym - You're all amazing!
The task took 30 minutes and then it was done! Rachel was so pleased with how much was achieved in the time... and she wants us back!! We had a group photo before we headed off and then we made our way back.
Darren led the run back... everyone was now a sexy runner! Emma was backmarker, making sure nobody was left behind.
Well done to Ben who came up with the Pun for the Run and is this weeks RunPunStiltskin winner! Enjoy the virtual award... spend time with it but don't get too attached as there will be a new winner again next week.
Reminder of what's coming up;
- Sign up to next week's group run by clicking here
- Join in the community mission this Thursday evening by clicking here
- Run to help set up Grangetown Street Market on the 1st December - Find out more by clicking here
A huge well done for everyone for a successful task this week - You're incredible!
Report written by Benjamin Annear
Discuss this report
Hello, i'm Ben! I'm the trainer of GoodGym Cardiff! Please get in touch with any questions and click support to follow updates.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Running to help at the Tenovus Shop and dress the shop windows in a Halloween Theme!
Tuesday 6:15pm - 7:45pm
Led by Benjamin Annear
Big Moose Coffee Co
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance