Fortune favours the walkers
14 GoodGymers made their way 4.9km to help the Oxford City Council in Oxford.
- Wednesday, 4th of January 2023
- Led by Anwen Greenaway
Last night we did a litter pick x scavenger hunt mash up. We collected a load of litter from the streets of Oxford, got to explore a little, and had some mildly-competitive fun in the process.
* 7 runners
* 7 walkers
* Teams must find at least 3 items from each category
* Must have photos to prove finds/locations
* GoodGymers may go anywhere within the ring road as long as the team sticks together and is back on time
* Teams must be back outside East Oxford Community Centre by 7:25pm
* Litter bags do not have to be brought back to base if there is an appropriate place to leave the full bags along the way
Category 1: Litter
* Alcohol bottle
* Face mask
* Fast food container
* Coffee cup
* Alcohol Can
* Plastic bag (dog poo bag allowed)
* Crisp packet
* Item of clothing (bonus points for underwear 🤢)
* Energy drink can
* Wet wipes
* Very Random Item
Category 2: GoodGym task locations
* A point for every past task location visited
Category 3: Wild Cards
* Street with a fellow GoodGymer’s name in it
* Place with literary connections
* Blue plaque (extra point if it’s for a woman)
* Number 48 (we are the 48th GG area)
* Animal sculpture (can be knitted)
* Angel wings
* Runners: Category 1 11 points, Category 2 7 points, Category 3 7 points
* Walkers: Category 1 13 points, Category 2 6 points, Category 3 7 points
The walkers took the glory by 1 point!
Congratulations to Ben on reaching the 50 Good Deeds milestone!
Report written by Anwen Greenaway
Discuss this report
Led by Anwen Greenaway
Goodgym Coordinator for Oxford. Trail runner, often muddy.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the session report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
OVADA exterior clearance and maintenance
Wednesday 18:00 - 19:30
Led by Anwen Greenaway
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt
Need help with a community project?
If you're a community organisation and have a physical task then we'd like to help.Request a task
This is very creative and looks like great fun!
sign in to add a comment