Bush Cutter Trial
13 GoodGymers made their way 3.0km to help the Samye Mindfulness and Well being Centre in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 9th of November 2021
- Led by Michael
14 goodgymers met tonight, in the misty dark evening for a lovely quick walk / jog / run to the Samye Foundation in Canton.
Good to have you back again Mike, it's been great to see all the coach visits going on with you, great to have you at a group task again too though.
Just a short 3km out and back tonight to Samye, but plenty to do whilst we are there. The dry wipe boards were out in force again already with the tasks at hand,
- Sweeping up the leaves from around the building,
- Cutting down the bushes at the back of the building,
- Moving some bottle of drink from the storage area outside to inside,
- Vacuuming, mopping the floors in the three buildings,
- Cleaning down the windowsills,
- Painting a gold stripe in the one of the rooms.
We separated into our groups as we decided who was doing which tasks and got to work. Michael had the lights ready in his Mary Poppins bag, so popped these up ready for the bush cutter trial. With everyone hard at work it was slightly more difficult to get the photos tonight but was a great opportunity to have a run around the building. The 30 minutes flew by and before we knew it the dinner bell was ringing, the wonderful Lorraine had made us soup, which on a night like this was very welcomed.
Report written by Michael
Discuss this report
Led by Michael
Goodgym Area Activator for Cardiff & the Vale, I believe in the transformative power of running & the Arts
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt