Getting on a bit but trying to keep up the energy levels to work with children and young people! I much prefer cross country running
Jenna has just done something they've never done before. Jenna has just run a mission; they've changed their running route and run to help someone who really needed their help.
We are getting together to socialise woohoo!
Take a break from all the running, but be prepared for a fitness session at the start. Have your training mat ready for the fitness part at the beginning.
After that we will try to make it feel like we are in a pub after a successful Monday mission.
I will email you the Zoom link on the day.
See you there!
On 23rd January 2021, GG York is four years old!
Though we can't get together in our usual fashion to celebrate, we can use it as an excuse to do a little bit of extra running or walking and tot up some more distance for the January Challenge.
You just need to do an activity to mark the occasion. Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Run/ walk 4 miles or 4 km
- Create some birthday / GG York themed strava art
- Visit the site of as many previous GG tasks as you can find/ remember / have the energy for
- Convert the total number of good deeds you've done into minutes and run or walk for that long
- Plan your run to go past the old Brigantes building and look wistfully into the window
- Do a good deed. If there's nothing official listed, you could always litter pick in your local area.
- Run along some (or even all!) of the paths we've helped create / maintain - suggestions include Heworth Home, Danesmead Wood, Acomb Wood, Chapman's pond, Hull Road Park and Mayfield Public open space
- Recreate a previous fitness session - perhaps Windmill Rise hill reps, a beep test, a 1km time trial on Tadcaster road,
step reps at Clifford's tower, duck walks at Rowntree Park, or an (imaginary) indian file across Hob Moor.
- Eat cake, but in an active way.
Have fun, make sure you stick to the rules of lockdown, and let us know what you get up to via the Facebook or Whatsapp group.
If you want to kick off your weekend with an epic fitness-style celebration of GoodGym York's 4th birthday, you've come to the right place.
Join me on Zoom for a super fun fitness session where all you need is yourself (and probably some water).
Get your name on the list before Friday at 8pm and I'll send an email out with the Zoom deets.
p.s. Don't be late, you'll be risking a birthday fitness forfeit...