Drop Dead Head
9 GoodGymers made their way 5.4km to help the Forget-me-not Cafe and gardening club in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 5th of April 2022
- Led by Michael
Welcome to our ALBUM cover edition........
Tonight, we returned to the wonderful group of 'Forget me not Cafe' who had met to take advantage of the light evenings and get some seed planting on the go. It will not be too long until they are out in the gardens planting up and making a wonderful display.
Our task tonight was three-fold,
- Clean up the community space in the Church, pack away the tables, vacuum the carpets and put the chairs back ready for Church usage.
- Secateurs on the go - and dead head ahoy to the no longer blooming daffodils.
- Finally, using up the space in the raised planters to plant some gladioli bulbs.
Gladioli is Dame Edna's favourite flower
We split into groups tonight, those that ran the full 5 km from the city centre and back again, those who made a 2 km who we picked up along the way and the final meeting at the task. Once there we again split into three groups, but this time for the tasks at hand. And once split we wasted no time going full throttle getting everything done, and with time to spare at the end to chat without hosts about the upcoming events that were due - followed of course by the helping had of Cardiff goodgym afterwards to clear.
Party rings all around, and on a full sugar high it was time for a quick photo - album cover style before we made our ways back home / to town for a little social.
A lovely evening and a lovely bunch of people, what more do you need on a Tuesday?
Why not join us next week for more fun and frolics......?
Sign up HERE
Report written by Michael
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt