Don’t Judge a Box by it’s Poo level
12 GoodGymers made their way 4.9km to help the Help the orchard to thrive and OxGrow in Oxford.
- Wednesday, 24th of May 2023
- Led by Anwen Greenaway
About last night....
- We shifted 18 boxes of horse manure up and over the railway bridge and into the Hogacre Common orchard.
- We hauled 5 boxes of wood chip from Hogacre wild wallow into the orchard (to mix with the horse poo).
- We shovelled and carried a builders' bag of top soil from the Oxgrow community garden into the orchard (also to mix with the manure).
- We watered every bed in the community garden - the warm weather makes for thirsty plants.
- We dug over a couple of beds in the community garden polytunnel ready for planting, but saved the wild chamomile.
We also had a lovely run to the task along the river, dodging spectators and rowing coaches watching the Bumps races. On the way back we took Electric Avenue, which was new to many, recce'd next week's task location, and waved to the wild swimmers in Hinskey lake.
It was a lovely evening full of sunshine and exploration - Hogacre is a hidden corner of Oxford which many hadn't been to before.
Report written by Anwen Greenaway
Discuss this report
Led by Anwen Greenaway
Goodgym Coordinator for Oxford. Trail runner, often muddy.
GoodGymers helping out
Take photos for the session report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt