Paint No Mountain High Enough
10 runners ran 6.9km to help the Sewak Housing in Slough.
- Monday, 24th of February 2020
- Led by Manjit Birk
It only feels like yesterday that we started the month of February and now can you flippin’ believe it…it’s nearly March…March has just crepe’d up on us for sure..
But before we end the month there are exciting things going on this week to end February with a bang:
- You batter believe it…it’s pancake day tomorrow…Sara cant wait to make flippin’ delicious pancakes
- On Wednesday we see the launch of our neighbouring Goodgym in Windsor and Maidenhead – Good luck Amy…we are all rooting for you..
- And on Fri-Yay a fair few of us will be at the Get Berkshire Active Awards in Reading hoping for a home win! I’m getting a bit emulsional just thinking about it! But regardless of a win or a runners up award…it will still give Goodgym some frame and fortune! (these puns will make sense as you read on!)
- Then on Saturday, you have the opportunity to run a leap year parkrun!
Paint No Sunshine
The weather over the past few weeks hasn’t keen kind to us…so by a stoke of luck we had an indoor paint task today at Sewak Housing.
That’s how we rock n’roll
On arrival the centre manager gave us the low down on the areas that needed some care and attention.
So we spilt off into smaller units of 2/3’s and set to splash the paint with our colour instincts (and each pair were asked to come up with their own puns!)…lets see how punny they really are: -
Jen our Queen of Puns...was also on skirting duty, but today she was:- Skirting off duty... Making me emulsional... Getting wired... And didn’t want to take the gloss off it but she was doing a good job!..
Chris was on a roll with the porchway wall – He made it all white on the night
Jean was on frame duty - she really is our frame and fortune (is it all starting to make sense now??)
And the winner of the Most Punniest of Painting Puns is......Jen
Forty minutes in and we breathed a cyan of relief as we came to the end of our task.
Tool’s down, we cleaned the brushes, the rollers and ourselves and made our way back to base.
We are due back again next week to give it all another going over, paint nothing stopping us now...we are on a roll..
On Friday, we also have a community mission to help The Thames Hospice with a clothes sorting task. Sign up details are below: https://www.goodgym.org/happenings/helping-thames-hospice-sort-through-spring-season-items
Have a great week Manjit
Report written by Manjit Birk
Discuss this report
Group Run Trainer for Slough....Running is my passion....Marathons to park runs I love them all! Running alone to running in pairs or groups
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance