9 runners ran 3.9km to help the Samye Mindfulness and Well being Centre in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 27th of July 2021
- Led by Michael
After a few hours of rain, the evening was slightly fresher than last week, and yet still quite warm. 9 goodgymers met again at Sport Wales National Centre, eager to get out there and do some good.
Tonight, we had our usual two groups, after bidding farewell to the walk / joggers first, Michael then led the runners off on an extra 500m run with some exercise sets thrown in.
We did wall squats sets followed by planks into side plank sets all with music playing to keep the mind focused. It was great to get back into, and we even have our next challenge from Michelle to see if we can beat a 3:30 min plank?
We were very happy to finally get into the building with Samye Foundation and help to get them back into order as they hope to open fully to the public again in August. Always prepared, Lorraine had a list ready to go upon our arrival and gave Michael a quick walk through and reminder of the rooms.
- Move 07 chairs out of the back room up to the first floor room
- Move 07 chairs out of the back room into the mindfulness room
- Move a semi circle table up to the first floor
- Move a fold out bed / chair from downstairs up to the Peacock room
- Move a (very large) plant and shelving unit over to a new corner in the Peacock room
- Vacuum the hallway (quickly) as Lorraine had an online class to lead (but we had made a slight mess moving)
- Plant up three pots with some new plants
- Weed the back space
The word of the day seemed to be 'shifting' as this was the majority of tonight's task, it was a great workout to return to. As always there was a selection of snacks at the end of our task, and some water for the weary runners, so we stayed a little while chatting and refuelling as the run back wasn't too far.
It was a quick trip back, where we cooled down and stretched before talking about the community missions on the rest of the week and then headed over for a social for a few hours.
See you all Next Week
Report written by Michael
Discuss this report
Led by Michael
Goodgym Area Activator for Cardiff & the Vale, I believe in the transformative power of running & the Arts
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt