Yup, that all stacks up!
7 runners ran to help the The Store Cupboard in Ealing.
- Wednesday, 24th of February 2021
- Led by Liv Parker-Scott
Over the past few weeks, members of GoodGym have been working alongside other community volunteers to help get The Store Cupboard, a new community affordable food project in Hanwell, off the ground. Tonight was the final push to get everything set up and ready to start receiving customers in the next few weeks!
- Milly and myself were all about displaying the cans in a fancy stack to make the shop beautiful
- Harvey helped clean, lift and shift all night long, he also teamed up with Michelle to help get a full heavy trolley of stuff safely over from over the road
- Bernice was all hands on deck helping with all the cleaning and sorting she could
- Caz came down with her car to help us load up stock from over the road and transport it to the new store, she was an essential part of the team tonight, we couldn't have done it without her!
- As well as helping with lots of odd jobs all evening, Ed also provided wheels for the task to get as much stock over ready to use
This space is going to be an absolutely amazing community asset and it's been a privilege to be a part of the team making it come together and watching the space transform over the past few weeks.
You can learn more about The Store Cupboard here and follow all their progress as they get started helping the community.
Report written by Liv Parker-Scott
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt