Les Arches Des Triumph and other marathon escapades
21 runners ran 25.0km on a training session in Bristol.
- Sunday, 5th of April 2020
- Led by Shona Buchanan
Well, it was a big week for GoodGym Bristol. This week's fitness challenge was to run or walk a marathon during your week of once a day exercise. The group took it up with enthusiasm and absolutely smashed the marathon efforts all round!
- Clo and Matt finished off their marathon by including the Virtual Reading Half Marathon on Sunday
- Russ also did his very own Bristol Half Marathon
- Laura completed hers at Les Arches des Triumph on the day she would have completed the Paris Marathon
- Richard G did his entire marathon in prime number only runs
- Alex combined the Bristol Skipping Challenge with her final run of the marathon challenge
- Roz logged a chunk of her miles on the laps of her block
- Matt imagined more far-off runs while he ran around Bristol (see photos)
- Julie ran over the line with 20 minutes to go before the midnight deadline
And to finish we had repurposed medals, Chris's show-stopping Viennetta medal and Alice making us all jealous with her post-marathon biscoff pancakes. Looks like the next challenge should be a dessert-based one...
Massive well done everyone, you are all GoodGym Bristol marathon heroes!
P.S. The site won't let us log that we ran 42km, so we'll have to accept 25km for now!
Report written by Shona Buchanan
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance