Good deeds and running - that's our craft
12 runners ran 5.4km to help their local community in Ealing.
- Tuesday, 19th of November 2019
- Led by Pritesh Mistry
Ealing week 2! Eleven joined me to run around 6km to help the Brownies
It was a chilly one in Ealing but it didn't stop everyone coming out including Chris who joined for the first time. After the usual intro we warmed up and were soon on our way to Hanwell Church where the Brownies are based. My thanks to Chris who led the way in both directions.
Once at the church we met Cerys and went straight into action on the craft cupboard! The evening went something like this:
- Human chain to her everything out of the cupboard and into the next room
- Find the paintbrushes!
- Split into three teams: paint and pens; paper, ribbons and Christmas; craft miscellaneous
- Work to sort rubbish from usable items, re-sort boxes and gather similar items together
- Human chain again to get everything back in
We showed our worth and before we knew it everything was done and back in the cupboards!
With that all done and a number of people heading home it was just left for the remainder of us to run back to base, stretch and then head home.
Thanks for having me GG Ealing and hope to back for a run soon!
Report written by Pritesh Mistry
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
GoodGym Ealing - Festive clean and decorating at the local church
Tuesday 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Led by Olivia Parker-Scott
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance