An A-Moose-ing task
10 GoodGymers made their way to help the Big Moose Coffee Co in Cardiff.
- Monday, 14th of August 2023
- Led by Michael
Oh what a wonderful start to the week, a good two hour mission to help our old friends at Big Moose. They needed a bit of a spruce up and we were only to happy to help, we can't promise a professional job but it will be full of love and determination.
We were called by Jeff who wondered if we would take on the task of helping to paint the ceiling in the cafe, only ever eager to help Michael jumped at the chance. After a few discussions we finally found a suitable date and the sign-ups came without problem.
So, 10 goodgymers made their way on a Monday to help and get all speckled in paint. We met Rachel who manages Big Moose, they showed us where we could help
- The ceiling we already knew about
- The wall going up the stairs
- The toilet walls to tidy up
Croeso, Welcome Phoebe, we hope you enjoy the first sessions with goodgym.
We let Rachel head out for their Monday Big Moose run with their group, a nice 5km whilst we got to work. Michael dished out the equipment and filled the trays with paint, The group were going to tackle the ceiling and stairs, and once they were happy and going Michael made their way to tackle the toilet.
It's fair to say that Paint was EVERYWHERE, thankfully it was easy to remove from the floor with a damp cloth as Michael frantically scrubbed like a scene from Karate Kid
oooh i feel a fact session coming up........
What do you know about a Moose?
- The flap of skin under a moose’s chin is called a bell.
- Moose are also called rubber-nosed swamp donkeys.
- Moose calves can outrun a human by the time they’re five days old.
- A moose can kick in any direction with its front hooves.
And finally......Big Moose FACTS
- They employ, train and mentor people who’ve experienced homelessness and people who have struggled with their mental health.
- They hold mental health awareness evenings with knowledgeable speakers and encourage the audience to start and continue those conversations.
- They provide free or discounted counselling for our people with an amazing counsellor.
- They make some AMAZING cakes - take a look here
- They are well worth a visit for some food and drink as they strive to leave the World better than we found it.
- Check them out https://www.bigmoosecoffeecompany.co/ - We at Goodgym Cardiff love them!
Report written by Michael
Discuss this report
Led by Michael
Goodgym Area Activator for Cardiff & the Vale, I believe in the transformative power of running & the Arts
GoodGymers helping out
Take photos for the session report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt