GoodGym supports good mental health
GoodGym is proud to promote good mental health. We are aware that exercise, helping others and connecting with our communities have the power to make us feel happier. We hope that being involved in GoodGym has a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of all of us.
How can GoodGym help me with my mental health?
Studies have shown that being aware of what is taking place in the present directly enhances your wellbeing and savouring ‘the moment’ can help to reaffirm your life priorities.
Heightened awareness also enhances your self-understanding and allows you to make positive choices based on your own values and motivations.
What can I do to help others?
Everytime you participate in a GoodGym run it’s also an opportunity for you to help others feel good about who they are.
Here are some suggestions on how to help.
- Be friendly and approachable
- Speak to someone you’ve never spoken with before
- Help make sure no-one is left on their own
- If you spot someone who looks unsure offer to help
- Help to welcome new runners and make them feel at home
- Little things like showing new runners where to leave bags or where the toilets are can make a big difference
What other support is available?
Though GoodGym is a great way of increasing your wellbeing, it’s not a support service.
If you have specific well-being needs you might want to talk to a specialist wellbeing or mental health organisation. If you are experiencing difficulties and would like additional support you may find the following organisations useful: