Please read this carefully. We ask all participants on any GoodGym activity to adhere to the following code of conduct when dealing with other participants and representatives from external organisations.
Table of contents
1 General Expectations
GoodGym promotes good physical and mental health and everyone who participates in a GoodGym activity should feel safe and welcome. GoodGym asks everyone attending an activity to:
- Be friendly and approachable. GoodGym encourages participants to connect with each other and you can do this by participating in discussions and listening to others views.
- Be respectful of differences. At a GoodGym session it is likely you will meet and be alongside people from all sorts of backgrounds. Embrace these differences and use them as an opportunity to learn and develop.
- Contribute positively. At each GoodGym session you will be working with others towards a common goal in assisting an older person or community organisation.
- Look out for your own and each other’s safety. Inform the group if you notice something which could cause harm.
When attending a GoodGym activity you are accountable for your own behaviour. The following is not acceptable at a GoodGym activity and should be challenged by members:
- Behaviour which may be deemed dangerous and puts the physical safety of other runners at risk.
- Behaviour or language which discriminates on the grounds of race, gender, disability, nationality, religious or philosophical belief, age or sexual orientation.
- Behaviour which excludes other participants.
- Abusive or threatening language or behaviour.
If GoodGym or its participants feel that your behaviour falls below the standard stated above then GoodGym reserves the right to refuse or withdraw your access to the website and/or any GoodGym activity.
2 Code of Conduct for TaskForce members and Run Leaders
GoodGym TaskForce members and Run Leaders have additional access on the website and are likely to have contact with external organisations. We ask all TaskForce members and Run Leaders to do the following:
- Act in the best interests of the organisation – consider what is best for the organisation and avoid any behaviour which may bring it into disrepute.
- Engage considerately and respectfully with all – respect diversity of all participants and external partners and avoid giving offence.
- Respect confidentiality – keep personal details of task owners and other external organisations private. Personal details should only be used for the purposes of GoodGym activities.
- Act within the law
If GoodGym or its participants feel that your behaviour falls below the standard stated above then GoodGym reserves the right to remove a member's TaskForce and/or Run Leader access on the website.
3 How to raise a concern
If you believe anyone participating in a GoodGym activity is not adhering to this code of conduct please contact firstname.lastname@example.org