See ya 2019, from now on we only have 2020 vision!
19 runners ran 1.3km to help the St. Peter's Church in Ealing.
- Tuesday, 17th of December 2019
- Led by Olivia Parker-Scott
19 runners and walkers came out last night to join GoodGym Ealing’s last Tuesday session this year, and in fact this decade!
And what a year it’s been!
But before we could celebrate we had one last task to do. Tonight we were delivering Christmas cards to local residents on behalf of St Peter’s church to let them know all about the services happening there over the festive period.
We were delighted to be joined by Ellie who wanted to squeeze in her first GoodGym before saying goodbye to 2019, big welcome and hope to see you back in the new year!
It was great to see everyone arrive in their festive attire and glad everyone got the memo about Christmas hats being highly encouraged this week! After welcoming everyone and a run down of the news we wasted no time in deploying groups in all directions to get the job done super quick time and get to the pub for our celebratory Christmas party! Each group had a map and set of flats to target so it was a bit like GoodGym orienteering and like that everyone was off into the night walking and running in all directions! With such a good turn out last night, Jenni, Phill and I stayed close to the broadway to give Ealing town centre a festive blitz with the trusty litter pickers.
It wasn’t long before everyone was back and raring to get the party started. So with that we bid farewell to 2019, we’re coming for you 2020!
Group runs are over but you can still do some good stuff before the year is out! Also if you do a community mission between Thursday 19th of December and Sunday 5th January there's an awesome badge in it for you!
- Tomorrow, Thursday 19th December, we have a community mission to help The Grove Community with their winter wonderland. All the details and sign up are here.
- Jenni and Alex are leading a plog at 10am on Saturday morning from Horsenden Farm. If you’re keen to keep our waterways safe and tidy, would like a nice walk or jog with some awesome people and are free for an hour, then sign up here to join them!
Report written by Olivia Parker-Scott
Discuss this report
I'm Olivia, the GoodGym Trainer for Ealing! I love running for mental & physical wellbeing and want to spread that joy to everyone else!
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Lots of jobs to do at Hestia's Ealing refuge
Tuesday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Olivia Parker-Scott
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
Good Deeds done
Help GoodGym hit its target of 8000 good deeds and 100000km in January - let's make it happen!