If we work hard at this then we will get bedder!
17 runners ran 7.0km to help the YMCA Cardiff Retail in Cardiff.
- Tuesday, 1st of October 2019
- Led by Benjamin Annear
I often wonder how many runners will turn up to GoodGym on a rainy day and I'm so pleased that loads of you still turn up even when you know you're going to get soaked. This evening 17 runners showed up to help at the YMCA Store on Colchester Avenue. Keep reading to find out what went on...
This evening we were joined by Hansh. Hansh develop content for social media and publicise it on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. They joined the GoodGym run to create content about GoodGym because they heard about how awesome we are and wanted to create a piece on us.
We had one new runner come along to the GoodGym run this evening. Welcome George to GoodGym Cardiff! We hope you had a fantastic time and come back.
What else is worthy of a mention;
- Darren ran Berlin Marathon on Sunday
- Pete ran Budapest Marathon on Sunday
- Ben, Lucy, Martin and Fiona all attended the Big Social Run
- Mali participated in Parkrun in the rain
Warm up - Runners, let's get those legs moving, arms driving and hearts pumping
We played two warm up games to get our hearts pumping. We played;
- Rock, paper, scissors - There were 3 exercises depicting each action. The game involves people winning games, losing games and running about.
- Fish and chips - Contrary to what you might expect, this game is renown at GoodGym for burning calories. People run around in a space and when Ben, the game organiser, shouts "Fish and chips", runners find a partner and say either "fish" or "chips." If runners say the same they do 20 jumping jacks, say different and it's 10 squat jumps.
Time to run to the YMCA Store on Colchester Avenue
We headed to the YMCA store as one group. Crossing roads and doing fitness exercises so that we could all regroup, and because the fitness exercises strengthen our core.
Welcome to the YMCA store on Colchester Avenue
Matt and Bab's gave us a warm welcome to the YMCA Store. They had refreshments waiting for us so that we could rehydrate. Matt explained about the YMCA's initiative and then told us the tasks that needed doing that evening.
- To sort the donations into bags
- To build two beds
- Hoover the store
Runners we given 25 minutes to complete the tasks.
"Thank you so much everyone. You helped us out massively in such a short space of time. We can't wait to see you again soon!
We then ran back along Newport Road and made our way back to Big Moose. After collecting our belongings from Big Moose we headed to the Glassworks pub. There Darren got ID'd for ordering an alcoholic drink :) Bless him.
The Tweet Off
Marie won the tweet off this evening. We caught her for a brief interview afterwards. She said "I'm so pleased that I am now in second place. This is what dreams are made of... tweet off wins."
- LM 11
- MO 6
- EW 5
- DRN 4
- MG 4
- NS 2
- MJ 2
- BA 1
- NI 1
- AG 1
- WD 1
Report written by Benjamin Annear
Discuss this report
Hello, i'm Ben! I'm the trainer of GoodGym Cardiff! Please get in touch with any questions and click support to follow updates.
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance