5 runners ran to help the Oxford Mutual Aid in Oxford.
- Wednesday, 27th of October 2021
- Led by Anwen Greenaway
GoodGymers: not just speedy runners, but speedy learners too!
Last night at Oxford Mutual Aid:
- We started by adding the chilled goods to a dozen (or maybe more) parcels which were due to be delivered that evening
- We then explained the full parcel packing system and got to work on the 14 requests for emergency food support.
Oxford Mutual Aid is the only food bank in Oxford which operates 7 days a week, and so it is a lifeline to many households. Over the course of last week they sent out 576 food parcels, supporting 1162 people. Thank you to all volunteers who make that possible.
Report written by Anwen Greenaway
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt