Lets create a team for the Wolfpack 100 challenge. The aim is to collectively cover 100km over 27th & 28th February. Walking and running counts and together we can hit the target. Sign up and add in the comments how many kms you are committing to complete.
This event is virtual so can be completed anywhere in your own time over the weekend.
There is also a medal and donation to Fareshare for 10 hot meals if you want to register to the event. (£12 sign up)
Select 100k relay individual entry and add team name - GoodGym Slough
All of you
It been a heck of a year. We had a great start to 2020 with our epic Get Berkshire Active Award back in February (that was probably our last big night out for most of us!)
Despite everything that 2020 has thrown at us, we still managed an awesome 1108 Good Deeds (to put this into perspective in 2019 our total was 836!).
A huge thank you and well done to everyone in this ‘party’ as its been your ongoing contributions that has helped us achieve this. So here is the breakdown of our awesomeness:-
- Group Runs – 11
- Wellbeing calls – 205
- Community Missions – 153
- Coach calls – 49
- Missions to older and vulnerable residents – 50
- Quizzes – 6
- Fitness training sessions – 17
Follow the leader
Everyone wants to be on the leaderboard right (except when it involves the C word! - which will not be mentioned in this report)
So, here are our top 5 Mission Team:
- Sara with 21
- Sut with 15
- Chris with 9
- Pam with 6
- Jen with 2
Our highest Good Deeders Team:
- Manjit with 189
- Sut with 134
- Emily with 104
- Sara with 103
- Jenny with 80
Finally Going the distance amongst us were:
- Chris with 1627km
- Ricky with 1469km
- Manjit with 1267km
- Joseph with 883 km and
- Pam with 798 km
Reward with Awards
I can't buy you all a drink (maybe in 2021!), however I would like to say thank you in my own way to everyone who has attended a few sessions in 2020 (apologies to those not included – just means we need you back in 2021!)
In no particular order, the Awards for:
- Best Terra-ble Pun goes to Jen for all her hard work in setting up this amazing task
- Best Newcomer Male goes to Joseph (200km and counting for January?)
- Best Newcomer Female goes to Jess - look forward to having you join us in more tasks in 2021
- Best Run-Away Award goes to Ricky – now your first marathon is over we expect you back to do good!
- Best ‘Dressed’ Award goes to Sutyee for all her efforts with Thames Hospice and for just being a superstar with your good deeds
- Best Buggy Runner Award goes to Chrissy – hope to see you more in 2021?
- Best Cat Woman Award goes to Emily – well done on your epic number of good deeds and for always supporting Slough despite living in Ealing
- Best Shovel It Just a Little Bit Award goes to Gauri – you were such a good seed at the allotment tasks
- Best ‘Not all Superhero’s wear Cape’s Award’ goes to Harsha for all her amazing efforts in saving the planet, for keeping us in check on our fitness sessions and for giving us burpees!
- Best Garden Lapper Award can only go to our Jean for her epic efforts during lockdown 1
- Best Picker Award goes to Jenny on keeping our town clean with the awesome number of solo litter picks she's done
- Best Raking It In Award goes to Kam – again, Kam was just the thicket we needed to plough through those beds and getting them ready
- Best Talkin’ Allot Award goes to Keira for always keeping us entertained
- Best Boatyard Award goes to Roisin for getting Jamie's yard into ship shape
- Best Barrel of Laughs Award goes to Meera for just being Meera!
- Best Teaching is Antz Award goes to Naomi for being a core member of the Wednesday team helping Antz Kids
- Best Happy Monday Award goes to Nisha for the sheer volume of wellbeing calls she has made every Monday
- Best Walker Award goes to Pam - I have high expectations for January Pam!
- Best Reporter Award can only go to Sandy for the brilliant reports and puns she’s written
- Best Run-Mummy-Run Award goes to Ruth whose return to running has been like a pro
- Best Mission Possible Award has to go to Sara for the sheer number of missions she’s done!
- Best Trollied Award goes to Chris who always managed to find the tesco trolley!
Cheers to 2020 and lets look to the future and what 2021 brings (can't be any worse than 2020!).
We hope to return to Group Runs at some point, however, to keep the January spirit alive we have our January Challenge (you all know I like to win, so don’t be shy…sign up…every KM count
Thank you once again for all you have done for #TeamGGSlough in 2020.