4 runners ran to help the Wanstead House Community Asssociation in Redbridge.
- Monday, 17th of May 2021
- Led by Julia Shmotkina
Back at base!
We've been asked to do some jobs around the Wanstead Community House as it's now officially opened for local groups to attend classes and other activities. Things haven't been weeded, trimmed, cleared or cleaned in a long while!
Julia was first to arrive and discover that the entrance to our little room has been completely overgrown and you could just see the door! Peter followed soon after and even managed to collect a few tags for the Redbridge active lifestyle competition called StreetTage that team GoodGym Redbridge are trying to win!!! Linda and James arrived by bike after a quick dash from Hainault where Julia saw them leave in the rain!
- Peter and Linda were hacking down the tree and overgrown weeds by the door to our little storage space we are allowed to use in return for our help:) They did a great job clearing out the whole area for new, more manageable growth, to appear. They also cleared some weeds around the building to clear the path.
- Linda and James wheeled a huge container from the front of the house to the back so that all green waste can be put into it and not left on the grass.
- Julia did a little litter pick around the premises, managing one bag on what at first sight was a tidy area.
- Then James and Julia were fighting the ivy that has taken over the wall and window at one of the entrances - hard work that required some good secateurs!
It was great to be back at our Group Run location, even if it was raining and soggy! and that didn't stop 3 folks choosing active travel cycling to/from a session, ending up with some serious mud stains....;)
Report written by Julia Shmotkina
Discuss this report
Led by Julia Shmotkina
GoodGym Area Activator for Redbridge. Slow and steady runner, nature lover and community believer:)
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt