Treesing into 2020
14 runners ran 6.3km to help the Brent Council in Brent.
- Monday, 6th of January 2020
- Led by Pritesh Mistry
Boom! It's a new year, a new decade and we're back! 13 amazing people joined me for the first GoodGym Brent of the year as we unofficially helped the council of by collecting abandoned Christmas trees and took them to official collection points.
Dealing with the fact that our home, The Queensbury, was closed we were indebted to taskforce member Tabitha who stored everyone's belongings safely. Once we were all ready it was into a super long intro...
- We're back!
- The January challenge is on! As a whole goodgym is trying to reach 8000 good deeds and run 100,000km this January. There's also the competition for the golden trowel between individual areas - we are currently 2nd in the silver league!
- We're partnered with RED January, an organisation that challenges people to be active every day of the month to help improve mental health.
After all that we welcomed Laura who was on her first GG run and then got ourselves warmed up and headed down to Gladstone Park! We reached the tree collection area and the split into two teams led by Sasha and Helen! Both teams led their groups to look for trees and then ferry them back to the collection point. I worked my way between the two teams and before we knew it out was 8pm and ten trees had been collected, five four each team! Maybe it was the timing but it seems the people around Gladstone Park are much better than those around Roundwood Park!
With that we headed back to base and made sure that we stretched before heading home.
A great start to the year, well done everyone!
Report written by Pritesh Mistry
Discuss this report
GoodGym Brent Trainer; GG Race Team Chairman & Treasurer; qualified EA/GG Run Leader. Used to do socials.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
GG Brent - Cricklewood Clean Up
Monday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Pritesh Mistry
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance
Good Deeds done
Help GoodGym hit its target of 8000 good deeds and 100000km in January - let's make it happen!