Sweep Britain Tidy
26 runners ran 2.0km to help the Oxford House in Tower Hamlets.
- Monday, 2nd of September 2019
- Led by Laura Williams
A big old to-do list
26 runners gathered tonight to head back to Oxford House, to our first visit after the summer break, as the weather on our first September run didn't disappoint.
We were looking forward to an evening of varied tasks, as Deborah, our task owner for tonight, had warned us there was plenty for us to get stuck into...
On arrival at this beautiful community arts centre, we were split into four teams:
- One team headed onto furniture clearing
- ...another to window shining
- ...and another to stairwell cleaning,
- ...while another crew went to clean and clear the dance studio
- ...and two groups headed outside for weeding and litter-picking
There was plenty for us to do, but as usual, highly productive and industrious GoodGymers finished most tasks early, and so it was a big crew who headed outside to finish up with an almighty litter-pick.
Lots was accomplished and by the end of the task, a very grateful Deborah was saying her cheerio, expressing heartfelt thanks at all the runners had achieved, explaining that the furniture that needed moving from one storey of the building to another was a job that had needed doing for ages.
Indeed we were pleased with what we accomplished, not least because as we waited in the cafe for the final furniture-removal runners to finish, we focused on some balance moves. Nothing like a bit of active recovery.
And so to Weavers Fields, for our fitness session of the week. I had promised the runners that The Weavers Workout would be a total body workout, and so it was. Scorpion push-ups were blitzed along with MMA sprawls; prisoner lunges beautifully performed, as were the cycling crunches. The runners were on fire. And before we knew it it was 8.25pm and time for us to head back to base.
Another glorious GoodGym evening. Well done everyone and thank you.
Big Monday shout-outs
- Thanks to Liz and Dave for backmarking.
- Thanks to Dave for topping up our pics.
- Thank you to Dharmesh for amazing tech know-how and helping the report picture process (you offered game-changing advice - thank you)
- Welcome to Rohan and Emma, our first time runners. We loved having you join us - thank you for tonight's vast contributions, and please come again soon.
What's coming up...
- This Thursday there's only one place to be - yep, it's the GoodGym social in town, so take the night off, come and join us here
- Next week, we're back for another glorious gardening task at beautiful Meath Gardens, so do come and join in next week's fun with us here.
Until then, have a wonderful week, everyone, and hope to see you reeeeally soon.
Report written by Laura Williams
Discuss this report
GoodGym Trainer for Tower Hamlets. Personal trainer. Seriously sweet tooth.
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
GoodGym Tower Hamlets: Join in this week's brilliant community task, AND our fabulous fitness session!
Monday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Laura Williams
Town Hall Hotel - Hotel Entrance
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance