𝟛 is the magic number
13 runners ran 1.4km to help their local community in Bexley.
- Monday, 2nd of March 2020
- Led by Susan Lee
- Well done Nick for reaching 50 good deeds tonight!
- We have a brand new Community Mission on Saturday to help prepare and set up Bee Street. We will be meeting at Barclays Bank in Sidcup at 10am
- We will be heading to Danson Youth Centre on Saturday for their [Quiz Night]. It's great fun! Let me know if you want to come as tables must be pre-booked. We already have 3 teams!
Tonight was a special run for us as it was GoodGym Bexley's 3rd Birthday
We met at Crook Log, thankful that it wasn't raining and no storms were going on outside! We heading out for our warm up before making our way to Welling Library.
As usual, we had a walking group and a running group.
We made our way straight down Welling High Street as we were meeting Patrick, who was giving us seeds to plant as part of the Bee Street Project.
On arrival, Patrick was already there and had started planting some small shrubs which were going to be acting as an edging/barrier to hopefully stop people walking over the garden area.
We were working on 2 areas tonight...
The Welling Cannon
First we had to weed and tidy the garden areas, rake the soil and the spread the seeds.
There was actually a lot more garden area than we thought.
After not very long we were done. All the seeds had been sprinkled over the area, so we swept and tidying away before heading to the pub for our birthday celebrations!
Well done guys!
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Will be in charge of writing the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance