Goodness gracious great walls of mire
14 runners ran 3.5km to help the NorthWest TWO Residents Association in Brent.
- Monday, 20th of January 2020
- Led by Pritesh Mistry
Brrrrrrr... that was a cold one!
13 brilliant people joined me in Brent to run all the way to Barnet to help NW2 RA and get Cricklewood cleaned up!
Well what a night, I arrived at the Queensbury to a large group ready and waiting to get fit and do good! We were joined by Paul and Freya who joined for their first ever GoodGym run and we were also joined by GG Lambeth regular Samantha who is embarking on a mission to run in every London GG area before the year is up - we're glad you went for the best area first!
With the Queensbury being rather busy we headed outside for the intro:
- The January Challenge - 10 more days to go - can we get to 8k deeds and 100k km run?
- Community mission tonight - get another deed with some clothes sorting in kilburn - details here
- Starter session on Saturday (25th) - tell all your friends - helping out at Clitterhouse - details here
- parkrun volunteer session - get another deed by volunteering at Gladstone parkrun or just come along for the run and then join us for the starter session - details to come!
- This was actually decided later but next Brent social is on Feb 12th, the Quiz at the Queensbury!
Once that was all dealt with we got ourselves warmed up and then we headed up to Cricklewood. We met Marie and the guys from B & Q who had lent tools and hot water. The task at hand was to wash down the painted sections of the bridge walls leading up to the station!
We split into two teams, one for each side of the road, split the tools and headed into place with our buckets of hot water. It was quite the sight to behold and the traffic going past certainly couldn't take their eye off us! A number of encouraging toots and people slowing down to take pictures and videos were noticed by us!
It was hard work, not least because it was so cold but everyone worked really hard and despite some initial hiccups with the equipment you could really see the difference we made! Well done for the effort especially as the night got colder and colder as we went on.
After some co-ordinated cross road photos we gathered ourselves and then headed back to base, stretched and then headed inside for some warmth, to head home or have a drink! Lovely stuff.
Report written by Pritesh Mistry
Discuss this report
GoodGym Brent Trainer; GG Race Team Chairman & Treasurer; qualified EA/GG Run Leader. Used to do socials.
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance