Getting things Ship Shape
13 GoodGymers made their way 5.6km to help the ShipShape Health and Wellbeing in Sheffield.
- Monday, 30th of January 2023
- Led by Tom Mutton
An inside task in January? Yes please!
11 started from The Showroom and once at Ship Shape we met up with an additional 2 runners to make 13 on tonights run.
We met with Nur who told us all about Ship Shape's fantastic work in the community and how we could help. We got straight to it with the following tasks:
- Vinyl wrapping the ladies bathroom to make them sparkle!
- Putting up mirrors in the bathrooms and taking some time to reflect..
- Screwing table legs to make broken tables good again.
- Sorting the activity/food bank room so the table tennis/wiff waff/ping pong table can be used again.
When we left the pingers table was clear and good to go, the toilets sparkling, the tables well and truely screwed and the mirrors looking incredible (or was that just our reflections).
Into the night once more we ran and back to base to stretch off and rehydrate.
Until next time, happy running :)
Report written by Tom Mutton
Discuss this report
Led by Tom Mutton
Sheffield Area Activator. PT, England Athletics Coach in Running Fitness & Tutor.
Runners helping out
Be in charge of writing the session report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
CADS: Project Space Clear Out - Eagle Works
Monday 18:30 - 20:15
Led by Tom Mutton
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt
Need help with a community project?
If you're a community organisation and have a physical task then we'd like to help.Request a task
sign in to add a comment