Dancing in the Dark 🕺🏻
12 runners ran 4.6km to help their local community in Bexley.
- Monday, 4th of November 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- We have a few new and exciting Community Missions coming up...
- This Saturday there is a Community Mission to help out at the Bexley Foodbank Storage Unit
- At the beginning of December we will be helping to set up for the Erith Christmas Tree Festival We will have our own GoodGym Bexley sponsored tree this year.
- There will be a day to decorate the tree and we will be making some decorations for the tree, GoodGym style!
Tonight 12 GoodGymers met at Crook Log ready to return to our task at the Welling Library.
We were ready for the cold, dark task outside so set off outside for our warm up.
After a quick few laps and some fast short spurts of high knees and fast feet we were ready to go.
We had 9 runners heading out on a similar route to last week, going over the railway bridge and around the back way avoiding the high street.
Jess led the walking group with Chris and Emmanuel. They always bring something else to the walking group and danced, skipped and jogged to the task.
As we arrived the store cupboard was open thanks to a great effort with the lock from Pete!
We grabbed all the tools we needed, turned on our headtorches and lamps and got to work!
It has been a few months since we were last at the Library so all the weeds, vines and litter had grown back.
There was great work from the team tonight, tackling the side alley and the front and filling 7 bin bags!
It was time for a group photo and we pulled in the help of some delivery guys to take the photo for us!
We headed back to Crook Log taking the shorter, direct route before our cool down.
Great work tonight! We smashed it!
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Help with checking Document of runner for DBS check
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
RUN AND WALK TO WELLING LIBRARY 🏃♂️🏃🏼♀️🏃♂️🏃🏼♀️
Monday 18:45 - 20:30
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance