We're delighted to be able to help our friends at the Marsha Phoenix Trust again. This week we will continue the good work started in the garden on previous tasks.
- Make your own way to the task, at 90-92 Tressillian Road (a big house set slightly back from the road, with a bright red front door)
- Take direction from Sue, who will be leading volunteers through the session
- Please observe social distancing and wear a mask as you pass through the building
- Do not share tools
- Feel free to ask for a less physically heavy task if you would prefer something else, there's plenty to do, with something for everyone!
In the latest of our recent visits to this impressive church in Hither Green, 6 GoodGymers arrived with one thing in mind; painting! Having been closed and used for nothing but spider homemaking for the past 18 months, St Swithun’s hall was ready for some sprucing via a fresh all-round coat of magnolia.
Our 6 began by applying masking tape to the floor and pillars that separated the sections of wall due for a good brushing before washing off the mix of dust, cobwebs and old confetti that adorned the adjacent window ledges.
Then out came the brushes as the team set about cutting in the edges, ensuring a neat job would be done. At last, it was time to grab those rollers and make a real difference! The large wall panels were efficiently covered before moving on to the few remaining fiddly bits to complete the job.
There was just time for a quick check around and cleaning up of any stray pain splatters (well, no-one’s perfect!) before the pallets and brushes were washed and a team photo was snapped as the sun came out and illuminated the hall’s smart new coat!
We are delighted to have been invited to help paint the church hall to improve the space for the local community.
- You will be taking direction from Sean who is the Church Warden
- Each GoodGymmer will have a 4ft x 7ft rectangular patch to paint
- Toilets are available on site
The timing of the task means there's still chance to do Parkrun!
Please note that this community mission has been cancelled.
A variety of gardening tasks to be done. A great way to connect with nature whilst staying active and helping out. Open to gardeners of all levels!
Oh yes. Lucy is training. This is how the greatest atheletes on earth are made. Lucy is making it happen. They logged their first training run on the GoodGym site; extraordinary things are sure to follow.