Area Activator for Goodgym Bath. I love all things running and being immersed in nature. I participate in long distance trail races
Helen is a GoodGym January 2021 Challenge Hero
The Quaker burial ground has had minimal maintenance due to covid and the task owner has reached out for some help.
The tasks include;
- To extend the wildflower patch around the cherry tree - this will involve removing the tough grass, sewing seeds and levelling off
- Cut the ivy from the top of a wall
- Trim a laurel hedge
- Move some (around 8) small memorial stones which have already been detached from their graves
- Assembling and positioning a small wooden archway
- Plant a small tree
We will ensure that we maintain a 2 metre+ distance when carrying out the tasks
Congratulations to Helen who is now Mission Verified. They're now ready to start running GoodGym missions to help older people and running alone to community mission. Give Helen a cheer to kickstart their mission running career.
There are four roles which will be allocated on the day. These include:
- Parking access steward (1 volunteer) - manage the flow into the building
- Front & side (disabled access) door steward (3 volunteers) - asking covid questions, taking temperature, giving hand gel
- Back door steward (1 volunteer) - ensuring people know the right way to exit the building
- Main hall steward (2 volunteers) - directing people to the vaccination booths
The shift is 11:45 - 1615 Full briefing, appropriate supervision and personal protective equipment will be available to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and patients. Shifts will be approximately 4.5 hours long
If you sign up to this mission, I will email you a copy of the agreement from the task owner and a risk assessment which you will need to tick to show you understand
We are organising the Bath Relay again :)
How does it work? Run or walk from home to the start time and location. Meet your fellow Goodgymer (at a safe 2m+ distance) Take a photo and then run to the next location. Meet the next Goodgymer, take a picture and then run or walk home.
Each leg is between 1.5 and 3km. This enables walkers to join too :)
Make sure you are not waiting at the meet point, so run the long way around but ensure you arrive on time.
I will ask for your mobile number and then I will set up a relay Goodgym group. That way we can watch the day unfold and see how the relay is going
Choose your leg/legs from the timetable below
- Meet 930 Where: Laura Fountain Distance to next leg 2km
- Meet 1000 Where: Temple of Minerva Victoria park Botanical garden Distance to next leg: 1.3km
- Meet 1030 > Where: Entrance to Green park station > Distance to next leg: 2km
- Meet 1100 > Where: Basketball court at Brickfields park > Distance to next leg: 2.5km
- Meet 1130 > Where: Alexandra Park viewpoint > Distance to next leg: 2.4km
- Meet 1200 > Where: Sham Castle > Distance to next leg:* 2.3km
- Meet 1230 > Where: The George pub Bathampton > Distance to next leg: 3.3km
- Meet 1300 > Where: Middle of Camden Crescent > Distance to next leg: 2.4km
- Meet 1330 > Where: Old Crown pub, Weston > Distance to next leg: 1.8km
- Meet 1400 > Where:Locksbrook Inn Pub (canal side) > Distance to next leg:* 1.5km
- Meet 1430 > Where: Entrance to Bath City farm > Distance to next leg:* 1km
- Meet 1500 > Where: Top of Twerton roundhill > Distance to next leg:* 1.8km
- Meet 1530 > Where: Odd down cycle circuit (photo by the track) > Distance to next leg:* 3.4km
- Meet 1600 > Where: Bath Skyline parkrun start location (woods opposite Shaft rd) > Distance to next leg: 3km
- Meet 1630 > In front of Holburne Museum > Distance to next leg: 1.5km
- Meet 1700 > Royal Crescent hotel ENDS
How do I get involved?
- Sign up to this session
- Select which time you would like to run. (your start location) and chose how many legs you would like to run. You can run more than 1 :)
- Write in the comments below what time you would like
- Email me your phone number for the Bath Relay Whatsapp group
On a cold Sunday, 5 Goodgymers braved the freezing wind and pouring rain to deliver roast meals on behalf of the Odd down community church.
As it was Valentines day we ensured that heart shaped chocolates made there way into the lunches as a nice treat for the recipients.
Around 30 lunches were delivered in the local area in a matter of minutes. Less meals on wheels, more meals on trainers.
5 Goodgymers from around Bath walked and ran on a cold, wintery morning to Alice Park. The task was to move 30+ heavy bags full of clay, soil, stones and concrete to a skip about 50 metres away.
We quickly developed a system where we empted the bags into buckets and then moved the buckets via sack truck or wheelbarrow to the skip.
In only an hour the whole area was cleared and now the pavillion can be used as a shelter once again for the visitors of the community garden.