Request support for vulnerable people during the Covid-19 outbreak
GoodGym can provide deliveries for vulnerable people and basic tasks for hospital discharge. Partner organisations can request help from DBS checked volunteers.Request a task
We can change lightbulbs or smoke alarm batteries
We can deliver groceries or prescriptions
We can move furniture and other heavy household items
How it works
GoodGym is a registered charity with volunteer runners in 58 urban areas in England and Wales.
Our tasks are carried out by volunteers so you don't have to pay.
GoodGym volunteers who enter the homes of older people are DBS checked and trained
You can choose the time and date.
We can support anyone who's isolated because of COVID-19, including people who are one or more of the following:
- at risk due to their age (especially if they are over 70)
- have underlying health conditions
- have symptoms
- have tested positive
Paying for shopping
There are 2 ways a person can pay for their shopping.
- Our volunteer can collect the money from the person before completing the shop.
- The person can pay via cheque or bank transfer to GoodGym once they are able to
We do not want access to cash to stop people getting vital deliveries. If you do not know whether the person has cash or not please make the referral and we will manage this.
Where and when we can help
See how many volunteers we have available near your beneficiary's postcode.
They were lovely, really helpful. It's a service I'd like to use again given the opportunity!
The garden looks lovely. The ladies were very happy and smiley, it made me smile too.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does it cost?
- It's free - GoodGym tasks are performed by our volunteers and do not expect payment for their time.
- How do I get started?
- All you need to do is sign up and provide the older person's details and we'll be in touch to organise a task to help them.
- What sort of tasks are possible?
- Our volunteers are not professional tradesmen, so we're not able to do certain tasks such as: painting, felling trees, putting up furniture.
GoodGym is active in 58 areas across the UK
Berkshire Slough Windsor and Maidenhead Birmingham Birmingham Solihull Cheshire Crewe Derbyshire Derby Devon Exeter Dorset Bournemouth Poole Essex Chelmsford Colchester Gloucestershire Bristol Greater Manchester Stockport Trafford Hampshire Portsmouth Kent Bromley Leicestershire Leicester London Barnet Bexley Brent Camden Croydon Ealing Greenwich Hackney Hammersmith and Fulham Haringey Hounslow Islington Lambeth Lewisham Newham Redbridge Richmond Southwark Tower Hamlets Waltham Forest Wandsworth Westminster Merseyside Liverpool Norfolk Norwich Oxfordshire Oxford Somerset Bath Suffolk Ipswich Surrey Kingston upon Thames Woking Sussex Brighton Worthing Tyne and Wear Newcastle Wales Cardiff Warwickshire Coventry Warwick & Leamington Spa Wiltshire Swindon Yorkshire Barnsley Huddersfield Leeds Sheffield York