Youth Can Do It
11 runners ran 4.0km to help the Danson Youth Centre in Bexley.
- Monday, 21st of October 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Well Done everyone who was involved with the very first GoodGym Bexley x Bexley parkrun takeover.
- Congrats to Sharine who run her 50th Good Deed tonight! Well Done!
- Next week we have a new task at the Salvation Army. Find out more and sign up here
- We have a few Christmas task and missions in the pipeline for December. Remember our Christmas dinner is looking to be on December 2nd.
We met tonight at Crook Log ready for the group task. As we made our way outside for a warm up, we had something a bit different on the agenda.
Armed with a deck of playing cards, we played a shortened version of the 52 card pickup workout. Each suit represented a different exercise.
- ❤ Hearts = Squats
- ♣ Clubs = Star jumps
- ♠ Spades = Squat jumps
- ♦ Diamonds = Lunges
Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to go through the whole deck of cards so we went round the circle and each chose a card. The number on the cards represents the number of the exercise to do, except lunges which were doubled to include one on each leg.
Luckily for everyone, most of the cards were high numbers and there seemed to be a large amount of squat jumps!
After the warm up we set off for our run/walk. We had a team of runners, doing a 4km run and the walkers who were doing a shorter walk around to the youth centre.
Upon arrival, we were met by Joy who had plenty of blue paint to give the walls a makeover. We quickly got all hands on deck transforming the walls from white to blue.
Many hands make light work
After a short amount of time, most of the walls were covered, but it was time to tidy and clean up. We formed and orderly queue at the sink waiting to wash brushes and hands while the rest scrubbed the paint drops off the floor.
After that it was a quick run back to base camp!
Great work tonight everyone!
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Join us on the next run
RUN / WALK TO SALVATION ARMY WELLING
Monday 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance