10 GoodGymers made their way 4.0km to help the Eton Wick Village Association in Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Wednesday, 17th of August 2022
New Task at 'The Wick'
Our task for this evening’s group run (and walk!) was to help prepare the Eton Wick Youth Centre for opening for the first time since the pandemic began. We didn’t even know there was a Youth Centre hiding behind Eton Wick Library, so it was a lovely surprise to be invited to help with this project.
Somewhere under a rainbow…
Our session started with a scenic and sociable walk and run along the Thames Path from Windsor Leisure Centre to Eton Wick. It rained just enough to give us a very faint rainbow and to cool us down after a hot and humid week. Thanks to Clara and Louise, who led the 6 walkers on their 2km route. As they set off I warmed up the runners, and then we followed in their footsteps, adding on the odd ‘long cut’ along the way so that we all arrived at our destination within a few minutes of each other.
Getting out of the Bath
We were greeted on arrival by GoodGym Taskforce member Laura, who was visiting from Bath. Laura used to live in our area and we have really missed her since she moved, so it was great to see her on her hols.
We were then welcomed by our lovely task owners, Claire and Helen from Eton Wick Village Association and we quickly set to work:
- Juli, Georgeta, Gillian and Anita energetically attacked the kitchen
- Liz dextrously removed hundred of staples from a noticeboard
- Clara made the leaflet rack sparkle and shine
- Laura worked her magic on the arts and crafts cupboard
- Sara resisted the urge to play with the musical toys and braved the ladder and spiders to clean the hanging sign
- And Louise went to the pub…to borrow a screw driver and remove an old sign
Time flew and it wasn’t long before we had to say our goodbyes and head back to our start location. The return journey was similarly chatty and scenic, with the added bonus of blackberry picking along the way.
There is more work to be done so we look forward to returning for more Wick-ed adventures!
Report written by
Discuss this report
Led by Amy Lovell
Area Activator for Windsor and Maidenhead. Loves running & Pilates and runs to escape from her hoards of small children.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the session report
Lead a walking group to the task
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt