Sun in a Million
15 runners ran on a training session in Tower Hamlets.
- Monday, 10th of May 2021
- Led by Laura Williams
What a start to the week.
There we were in picturesque, spacious Meath Gardens, with the blue, blue sky; the refreshing breeze and the best company in town.
Tonight's team of 15 was a cheerful one. We took great delight in welcoming Leona to her first training session; said hello to familiar faces, some of whom had joined from the 6pm task at Hollybush Gardens.
And then the work began.
We whizzed through 50 minutes of:
- Laps and running drills, ranging from hip mobility to knee strike; hamstring-activators and stride lengths.
- Standing core work, focusing on recruiting those deep abdominals, glutes, and balance skills.
- Floor work focusing on abs; rotator cuff muscles, glutes - and more core stability.
- The greyhound-and-hare game, helping to tick those speedwork boxes.
- Much-needed stretching.
And then that, as they say, was a wrap.
We dispersed promptly, into the setting sun, bidding one another farewell, and looking forward to next week. So, until then!
If you have any questions, queries about tonight's session - or if you're new and thinking of joining - just drop our Area Activator Laura a line, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to see you at a Monday night session soon!
Report written by Laura Williams
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt