Paints and ladders
12 runners ran 2.7km to help the Bexley Mencap in Bexley.
- Monday, 24th of February 2020
- Led by Susan Lee
- Did you know that there has NEVER been a parkrun on the 29th February. This leap year, the 29th falls on Saturday. No-one has ever run a parkrun on this date and the next time this will be possible will be in at least 28 years time! Join us at Bexley parkrun to celebrate the occasion!
- Let us know if you are coming to the Quiz Night at Danson Youth Centre. It is a little different to the conventional pub quiz. BYO snacks and drinks!
- Next Monday we will be celebrating GoodGym Bexleys 3rd Birthday After our group run we will be heading to The New Cross Turnpike.
Tonight 12 runners and walkers met at Crook Log, ready for our task at Bexley Mencap offices.
We welcomed our new members Andy and Liam. Great to have you guys along, we hope you enjoyed your first GG session with us!
We had a quick warmup, deciding not to use the cones as they kept blowing away last week. We then had a quick run straight to the Mencap offices as there was lots to do!
The walking group went ahead and went the shortest way to get there first as they had the keys.
We paced ourselves well as both groups arrived at the same time.
Nick had already prepped the space, so we could get straight to work.
We poured paint into trays, picked up paint brushes and rollers and got to work.
We had plenty of hands to get the job done and in no time we had covered the walls with its first coat of paint.
We helped Nick tidy up and admired our work. Next time we might be able to give a second coat.
Great work tonight guys.
Until next time...
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Take photos for the run report
Will be in charge of writing the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance