Much Ado about Coving
11 runners ran 2.0km to help the Adelaide Care Home in Bexley.
- Monday, 17th of February 2020
- Led by Susan Lee
- Have you heard?!?...GoodGym have announced the dates and location for this years Shindig. Find out more and register your interest here
- We have lots of exciting things coming up this month.
- On the 7th March we have a new Community Mission to help prepare for Sidcup's Bee Street Project. Find out more and sign up here
- We will also be joining Progressive Welling in their Big Litter Pick on the 21st March.
- In a few weeks we will be celebratingGoodGym Bexley's 3rd Birthday. After our run to the Welling Library on the 2nd March we will be heading to the New Cross Turnpike for some food and drink.
- We also have a quiz night on the 7th March at Danson Youth Centre to raise money for the Danson Youth Trust. You can sign up to the event here Let us know if you can come as we can book tables.
Tonight we met at Crook Log as usual. The storm seemed to have disappeared as we made our way outside for our warmup. However, it was still windy enough to keep blowing our cones over for our game. We decided to alter the game a little and had a relay race to see which team could collect all their coloured cones first. After a bit of confusion and an almost fatal collision, we settled at a draw.
It was time to split into out 2 teams.
We headed straight for the care home as we wasn't sure what task we would be doing. We made it there in not time at all. Great running from the team and the walking group arrived not too far after the runners.
Upon arrival, we were given some paint brushes and a large pot of paint. Our task was to touch up parts of the coving. We nominated some painters, who picked up a brush and got to work while the rest supervised, making sure that they were safe and holding the tools.
The coving looked better already!!
We tidied up, washed brushes and made sure that there were no drips of paint anywhere... We were all good!
It was time to head back to Crook Log. We had a short jog back before cooling down.
Great work tonight.
See you next time!
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Take photos for the run report
Will be in charge of writing the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance