Leafl-it out 📮
10 runners ran 3.9km to help the parkview care home part of the avante care and support in Bexley.
- Monday, 18th of November 2019
- Led by Sarah Lee
- Remember, remember the 2nd of December 🎄 After out group run session we will be heading over to the Toby Carvery for our GG Bexley Christmas meal!
- On the 7th December we have a Community Missions to help set up Christmas Trees at the Erith Christmas Tree festival. Find out more and sign up here
- There will be an evening where we will be able to go and decorate out GoodGym Bexley Tree ahead of the festival. If you are interested in helping out you can sign up here
It was a chilly evening as the group met at Crook Log. Everyone had come prepped with hats, gloves and coats in an attempt to try and stay warm throughout the evenings task.
We headed outside to complete our warm up before quickly heading off to Parkview Care Home.
The walking group took the more direct route, and the running group went on a slight detour to make up a further distance and arrive in time with the walking group.
Upon arrival at Parkview we were met by Lydia who handed us leaflets for their Christmas Fair. Our job was to get rid of these on a quick leaflet drop around the local streets. We still had leaflets left over from last week, so had a double leaflet drop!
We split into two groups who headed off down 2 roads. After a short while, we met at the point where the roads join! Still armed with some leaflets, we made our way back to base, delivering on the way!.
Report written by Sarah Lee
Discuss this report
GoodGym Bexley Run Leader
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Help with checking Document of runner for DBS check
Share the love
Join us on the next run
RUN / WALK TO SALVATION ARMY WELLING
Monday 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Led by Tim Dickson
Crook Log Leisure Centre
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance