Here, there and every chair
14 runners ran 6.5km to help their local community in Woking.
- Wednesday, 8th of January 2020
- Led by Nicholas Frost
- A big welcome back to everyone, tonight was our first Wednesday group run of the year.
- There will be a community mission to sign up for this Sunday, this will be at Woking Junior Park Run - Details can be found here.
- There are a couple of races you can sign up for which some GG members will be attending- Brutal on the 25th of January, G3 race at Newlands Corner on the 1st Feb and Kelly's Charity event at Royal Holloway on the 14th March.
- Happy Birthday to Rebecca who celebrated her birthday last weekend!!
Tonight's Group Run
A big welcome to Martin who joined us for his first group run experience, we hope to see you back at our future group run sessions. Tonight we had a great turn out and even Bodhi the dog dressed up in his bow tie for the special occasion of my 100th Good deed! We met at WWF carpark with everyone equipped with lights we were off to Brockhill Care Home. With Mark, Adam and Owen leading the way through Horsell. Our trusty back marker Anne was there, with a slight wonky knee but she managed to make the whole run there and back.
Once at Brockhill Care Home we were met by Wayne, another GG member and the lovely ladies who let us in at the care home, who are always so friendly! Tonight's task was to Clean and wipe down the dining rooms chairs and table, with such a great turn out, it wasn't long before it was time to head back. With a quick group photo before we left. The run back was definitely a social one, with members all have a catch up after weeks of not seeing each other. James clearly had his go fast hat on and was very chilled waiting for us to appear down the canal as he was stood finished!
If anyone is interested in some painful hills this Saturday, there will be a Hill's session on this Saturday morning at 8am - meeting at the maultway. See Facebook page for more details .
We are meeting at Woking Leisure Center and heading to Woodham Parish Church. Please remember your head torches, chest lights, hat light or what ever kind of lighting device you have!!
Report written by Holly
Discuss this report
GoodGym Woking Trainer
Runners helping out
Will be in charge of writing the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance