Gnome stone unturned
11 runners ran 4.7km to help the Mencap - Brent in Brent.
- Monday, 4th of November 2019
- Led by Pritesh Mistry
Ten amazing people joined me in Brent to help Mencap with a spring clean of their building and managed to run nearly 5km too!
On a rather called November evening we gathered in at the Queensbury for a shorter run but with much to do. Once we were all together we headed our for a warm up, intro and then headed off. In the news this week:
- Everyone is welcome at the Queens Park Community Council fireworks tonight (5th Nov) - details here
- The unofficial GG10 party is this Friday 8th Nov - details here
- The goodgym Christmas party is on the 6th December - details here limited places for this one so sign up asap
- Brent Christmas will be on the 16th December after the run - we're gonna have dinner at the Queensbury. We want to book by 15th November so please complete this spreadsheet and get your money over to Tabitha!
Once at Mencap we grabbed holding of lots of cleaning gear and split into teams:
- Amy, Milly, Pete, Sally - Downstairs kitchen
- Claire, Liz, Val - Downstairs toilet and communal areas
- Clare, Marcos, Tabitah - Upstairs kitchen
Much scrubbing, wiping, mopping, washing and many more types of cleaning ensued and the time flew by. With repeated warnings for time I was promptly ignored by all and all the jobs were completed and everything was very clean!
Thanks to the downstairs kitchen team for inspiring our pun - they found a cupboard full of gnomes in various stages of being painted! Perhaps a future task?
Once we were all done we headed for a slightly longer run back to base and before we knew it we were stretched and ready to head home/grab a drink [delete as appropriate]
Thanks everyone - next week we have our first trip back to the canals - hope to see you there!
Report written by Pritesh Mistry
Discuss this report
GoodGym Brent Trainer; GG Race Team Chairman & Treasurer; qualified EA/GG Run Leader. Used to do socials.
Runners helping out
Lead a walking group to the task
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance