52 runners ran 6.0km to help the St Werburghs Centre and Felix Road Adventure Playground in Bristol.
- Tuesday, 26th of February 2019
- Led by Shona Buchanan
With the first warm evening of the year (SEVENTEEN DEGREES PEOPLE), the troops gathered for another evening of doing Good. We were joined by a whopping nine first-timers - welcome Andrew, Georgia, David, Simon, Harry, Liam, Dom, Vicky and Emese, it was great to have you!
Tonight we helped with two different tasks...
Surf and Astroturf
Gary took a group out to get all rubbery at St Werburgh's Community Centre. They are laying astroturf this weekend in their play area so the team had the job of bagging up all of the rubber ready for the new surfacing, leaving an even layer to keep it bouncy. This resulted in a very mucky 10 GoodGymers, but very happy at having spent the evening playing.
A-head of the game
Meanwhile, the rest of us went to help with our regular task, Felix Road Adventure Playground. We were greeted by the team and split into tasks. Tonight we were:
- Litter-picking (following a litter-full half-term)
- Cleaning and tidying the art room
- Moving the compost heap and storage
- Fixing the fencing around the wood storage
- Discussing that Richard's favourite fruit is either an olive or a kumquat and wondering which is more strange
- Being scared by Tom's new friend, a decapitated Barbie head
All of the tasks were completed with our classic speed, but the fence was proving a bit more tricky with its technical-requirements. While the fencing team worked on, the rest of us started a partner chair-hold competition. This soon ended with several GoodGymers lying on the floor and some very bemused task-owners.
We headed back through the ever luck-reliant traffic-light maze of Easton for an impressively quick relay with storming sprinting by all of the teams!
Report written by Shona Buchanan
Discuss this report
Trainer for Bristol GoodGym. Continually running for that finishing slice of cake.
Runners helping out
Take photos for the run report
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Helping create a reflection garden at a nursery school
Tuesday 6:20pm - 8:00pm
Led by Shona Buchanan
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance