Choppin' on heavens door
18 runners ran 5.2km to help the St. Mellitus Church in Ealing.
- Tuesday, 11th of June 2019
- Led by Liv Parker-Scott
18 of us used our run last night to help St.Mellitus with their church garden
We had one new member with us too, well done to Jodie for joining us and getting stuck in last night!
- Steph completed the RTTT marathon on Saturday and still made it to the group run last night, what a trooper! We had special guest Kate with us last night, she’s the fab new trainer for Trafford GoodGym which will be launching very soon.
- Next week we have a picnic after the run in honour of The Great Get Together, sign up here and make a note of what you’re going to bring to share with the group.
- Community mission this Saturday to help with St. Mary’s garden work day, get yourself signed up if you can make it.
On with the show...
After a great warm up led by Kate we weaved the back way round to St. Mellitus where Vicar Stu was ready to greet us with lots of tools to get the job done. The church garden is a lovely community space but needs a bit of TLC so while they are waiting on some much needed help from Ealing Council we stepped in to help give it a good trim and tidy up.
Not so slim pickings
We had one team on litter duty and the rest got stuck in with a good strip back of the overgrown shrubbery. Unfortunately the back of the garden attracts a lot of litter from passers by but by the time our litter picking (Charlie’s) angels were done it was looking lovely and clean once more!
Everyone else was given strict instructions to ‘go to town’ on the rest of the garden. Everything needed a good cut back and we certainly delivered filling up over 6 huge bags of garden waste.
With 18 of us on board just a quick half an hour blitz equates to a full days work for someone else!
A quick sweep up of all the trimmings and we were done, great work everyone! We headed back on a slightly different route to make a stop off in Walpole Park where the group were put through their paces with a quick HIIT workout to finish up for the evening.
See you all next time!
Report written by Liv Parker-Scott
Discuss this report
GoodGym area activator in Ealing. I love running, walking & cycling for mental & physical wellbeing!
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance