Can't Trump this.... Hill's winning here
22 runners ran 5.0km to help their local community in Camden.
- Wednesday, 9th of November 2016
- Led by Ben
An awesome 22 GoodGymers ran 5km and collected up 15 bags of leaves for Cecil Sharp House
Like every Wednesday our goal tonight was to do good and help our local community. Welcome along to Lucy and Bianca whose first time it was this week!
In the news this week:
- GG Xmas party on 9th December at Battersea Arts Centre, it's gonna be awesome and there's fancy dress!
- We are taking on Regents Park 10k on Sunday 4th December if you'd like to join, it's a fantastic chip timed race on a 3-lap course. Sign up here.
After an active warm up, including dynamic stretches and skipping, we headed to Cecil Sharp House for our monthly task. This is an amazing community organisation that makes a lot of it's income from events so a tidy garden is IMPORTANT.
GG + leaves = no problem!
After a mile run we arrived at the task and met Susanna, she explained what needed doing this time, the task was split up into groups like so:
- 4 people led by Steve clearing leaves in the front flower beds, watching out for those plant bulbs
- Lucy, Pritesh and Polly swept the lawn with special rakes.
- And everyone else swept, bagged and collected the leaves in the back garden and the entrance area
A particular highlight of mine was George's collecting skills with those massive yellow hand grabbers - brilliant!
Massive Yellow Hands Grabbers!
With the good complete it was onto the fitness session. Primrose Hill was this evenings base and it's a good one with well lit areas and obviously the hill. It was split into two lovely parts:
Part One - shuttle runs between three lampposts with conditioning exercises in-between - squats, star jumps and jumping squats.
Part Two - we headed to the other side of the park for some hill sprints. Everyone did 2 or 3 hills and smashed it!
Good what? GoodGYM!
We jogged back to base for a stretch, a chat about future running adventures and a trip to the pub.
Thanks everyone for a great evening.
Sign up for next week here we'll be heading to Sheltered Housing to do some gardening.
Discuss this report
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance