Born in Staffordshire, 10 years in Yorkshire, found Parkrun, moved to Bassett, joined the Hounds and launched GG Swindon. Dr of Chemistry.
Latest story featuring Paul
Let’s meet the Swindon Run Leader Squad.
Lewis ‘Backmarker’ Bird, Paul ‘the Scientist’ Bonner and Emily ‘Crazy legs’
GoodGym Swindon Virtual parkrun Takeover - From 6pm on Friday 23rd April until 6pm on Sunday 25th April 2021
It's back! The GoodGym Swindon Takeover at the awesome Swindon Virtual parkrun. Thanks to our wonderful parkrun community here in Swindon, a FREE weekly virtual 5K parkrun is available to everyone and anyone. Check out the Swindon Community Running Facebook page for more information:
Here is what happened last time; check out the Run Report HERE!
We have been asked to provide volunteers at the 58th virtual parkrun commencing Friday 23rd April at 6pm. We are recruiting for the following positions:
Pacers - 20, 22, 25, 27, 30, 32, 35, 40 and 45 minutes
Run Report Writer
If you would like to do one of the roles above, please write a comment below which one. It would be great if we could try and fill all of these volunteer roles. Doubling up on pacing positions is fine!
And here are the rules:
1) Run solo or with up to six people while social distancing.
2) Adhere to social distancing guidelines; stay at least 2 metres away from anyone outside of your household during your run
2) Do not run at an official parkrun location at 9am on a Saturday; doing so will lead to instant disqualification
3) If you do not feel well, do NOT run.
4) Tourists are welcome!
5) The run can be at any time from 6pm on Friday 23rd April until 6pm on Sunday 25th April.
6) Upload your run to Strava and submit your result here!
8) Take a photo where possible and post on the GoodGym Swindon WhatsApp Group and the Swindon Community Running Facebook Page.
Looking forward to volunteering with you again. Stay safe and stay connected with GoodGym Swindon!