GoodGym have been asked by Community Connections Lewisham to help Mr V get some food shopping and his prescription.
He can pay cash for the shopping and will give the volunteer a shopping list before the task.
His prescription needs to be collected from Krisons Chemist, 506 New Cross Rd, New Cross, London SE14 6TJ and does not need to be paid for.
GoodGym have been asked by Quay Health Solutions to help Ms J get her prescription. It needs to be collected from Qrystal pharmacy, 7 Newington Causeway, SE1 6ED and does not need to be paid for. The volunteer signing up needs to be comfortable with having their first and last name provided to be put on the prescription for collection as it is a controlled drug. (They will also need to bring ID)
Goodgym have been asked by Age UK Camden to help do some food shopping for Mrs A. It is not yet clear which payment method she will be using so any runner signing up needs to be prepared to pay for the shopping (up to the £20 max limit) and then get reimbursed by GoodGym, so please only sign up if you are happy and able to do so.
Are you available to help our friends at Food2You on a Thursday morning in Surrey Quays? This is a fun task that will make a big difference!
- Meet Food2You team at Tesco in Surrey Quays between 9-11am
- Pick up a shopping list and head into the store to find the items
- Bring these back to the team, where together, you will double check the items before they are boxed to go through the till
- If you arrive and there is a queue, go to the front and tell them you are volunteering with Food2You/Age UK and they will let you in
- Walk through the store to the far end. In between the alcohol and the bakery section there is a big double white door. Go through the door, turn left, and Terry and the team should all be in there
- If you can't find the way, look out for shoppers in Tesco with red clipboards, that say 'I'm shopping for local older people' on the back, and they will be able to point you in the right direction!
Food2You is a shopping delivery service provided for older people through Age UK. We are excited to be able to get involved, with this task now a weekly activity on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
You will, of course, need to adhere to social distancing rules, wear a mask and gloves and take direction from the Food2You team.