Victoria Dock TT
4 GoodGymers made their way 6.8km on a training session in Islington.
- Sunday, 13th of December 2020
- Led by Simon Fitzmaurice
On a slightly grey, mizzly Sunday morning, AA Simon and 3 other Goodgym runners ran the final Track Attack Time Trial session of 2020. We relocated the course from Victoria Park track to Victoria Dock, Canning Town- a really flat, fast basin next to the London Excel Centre (and formerly Simon's favourite location for speed training!). The move proved to be a good idea considering the weather conditions (perfect for running, perhaps a bit cold and wet for standing around with a stopwatch!).
We had a 1 mile time trial with Dharmesh and Simon (Wake Up Board Sports Centre to Sunborn Yacht and back= 1 mile), followed by a 5km TT with John and Matt (Wake Up Board Sports Centre to Newham Council Building and back= 5km). Awesome performances on display:
- Dharmesh did a excellent job with his first specific 1 mile time trial.
- Matt went out with some great pace, and was able to hold it for the full 5km distance. Well done!
- John put in a smashing time, especially after a hard day of trail running on Saturday!
We treated ourselves to a lovely cup of coffee in a beautiful lesser-known London location after a top quality session.
Report written by Simon Fitzmaurice
Discuss this report
Share the love
Join us on the next run
Become a member
with an optional monthly donation
- Run, walk, or cycle to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt