Stairway to seven
7 runners ran 4.1km to help the Mencap - Brent in Brent.
- Monday, 14th of October 2019
- Led by Pritesh Mistry
Seven brave Brent folk ignored the rain and hit the streets and ran 4km to help out Brent Mencap.
Despite the horrid weather a good group of weren't about to miss out on our Monday fix of doing good and getting fit.
With no new folk joining us tonight the intro was rather infirmary but we got through it all with the main news being the Brent social on Friday and the unofficial GG10 party on November 8th. I outlined the task which was a good spring clean around the Mencap building and offered up some health and safety tips. Thanks to Tabitha for the additional tip on how mixing cleaning products can be bad - I did not know that!
With a quick run down it wasn't long before we were at the task and Ann was talking us through the history and purpose of the Mencap group in Brent and the tasks on hand.
We split into groups and got on with it:
- Samina and Claire took on the outside drive, sweeping, litter picking and washing the drive way.
- Sally and Val took on the first stairway and surrounding areas wiping down, cleaning and hoovering
- Tabitha and Liz took on the second stairway also hoovering, wiping down and clearing
After a good 40 minutes of work we were all done, and with Ann's thanks in our ears we said our goodbyes and headed off. With no time for a fitness session we took a longer route back (including a hill), everyone worked hard to get back and we were at the Queensbury ready to stretch just in time!
A great evening everyone!
Report written by Pritesh Mistry
Discuss this report
GoodGym Brent Trainer; GG Race Team Chairman & Treasurer; qualified EA/GG Run Leader. Used to do socials.
Runners helping out
Make sure that no one is left behind
Share the love
Become a member
Optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Get the support of a qualified trainer
- Access group runs across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance