Pink Glow, Sweet Chariot 🎵
1 runners ran to help an isolated older person in Brent.
- Monday, 3rd of August 2020
I went to help Ms. J today moving into her new place.
Dom had helped her out earlier in the day with the packing-up down on the Harrow Road. https://www.goodgym.org/reports/bed-start It’s a bit of a ‘lively’ area down there, so she said she was glad to be in this new place. The new place is a nice flat in a quiet building, on a quiet leafy street in Willesden.
Having only just moved today, the tasks she wanted help with were the essentials.
- Hanging up clothes in the closet
- Finding the kettle and tin opener amongst all the boxes so that she could have some tea and food.
- Put the bed clothes on the mattress (which was still on the floor) so that she could sleep tonight.
As I was getting ready to leave, I noticed there were no blinds or curtains anywhere. After a long day of moving today and with sunrise at 5.30am tomorrow, I suggested we try and block out the light so that she might sleep properly. Ms J gave me some nice big red carrier bags, and I made a hideous, but hopefully effective job of blinding the bedroom window somewhat. The room had a sort of pink glow afterwards, which she said she liked.
Report written by Danny
Discuss this report
Share the love
Get your mission on
What are you waiting for?Find a mission
Become a member
with an optional £9.95 monthly donation
- Run to help older people
- Access sessions across the country
- Claim your GoodGym t-shirt from New Balance